20/21 Performance Information
Symphony on the Lawn – Saturday, February 6, 2021
11:00AM & 2:00PM – Advanced Ticketing Required. Ticketing ends 2/3 at noon.
From romantic opera arias that capture the intense flush of first love to tear-jerking love themes, Symphony on the Lawn will be filled with an endless supply of delightful romantic music outdoors. Program highlights include selections from Bernstein’s classic West Side Story, Bizet’s memorable Carmen Suite No.1, and Pops favorites from Guys and Dolls, Carousel, and Sound of Music.
Holiday Pops Outdoors – Saturday, December 19, 2020
11:00AM & 2:00PM – Ticketing Closed.
Many things have changed this season, including our Tempo magazine. This digital interface has some key benefits. Read the concert program, program notes, feature articles, and more – anytime, anywhere – from a computer or mobile device. See an advertiser you like? Click the ad and you’ll be directed to their website!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Held at FSW Charlotte Campus outdoor amphitheater, concerts will last 1 hour, without intermission, and limited to socially-distanced audiences of 250. Holiday Pops Outdoors will showcase Maestro Ponti’s unique programming with a mix of both seasonal favorites and fun new orchestrations fit for reduced-size orchestra. In February, Symphony on the Lawn will return to the dynamic and rich orchestral programming that audiences have come to expect from Ponti.
All tickets will be $49 for general admission. Advanced ticketing is required. Ticketing ends 72 hours prior to each performance date. Tickets will not be available for purchase at FSW Charlotte Campus on the performance day. Please inquire with the PGSymphony Office about Student tickets.
Ticketing Options for PAID Subscribers & Ticket Holders
- All existing funds have already been placed on-account, holding your 21/22 season subscription.
- Some or all of your on-account funds may be applied to concerts this season or converted to a donation.
- Partial or full refunds will be honored if requested. Please consider donating what you can. Your charity is as important now as ever.
- 21/22 subscription renewals have been paused until further notice. Existing seating requests have been recorded and held in a queue. The use of on-account funds will not affect requests.
The following protocols guided by standard COVID-related health and safety measures will be implemented at each concert.
- Direct person-to-person contact will be kept at a minimum.
- Social distancing will be required at all times.
- Face masks will be required for patrons, volunteers, musicians, and staff at all times once on the FSW Charlotte Campus. Staff and volunteers will wear both face masks and shields at event entry.
- Tempo concert programs will not be printed. Tempo magazine will be emailed two days prior to the performance and made easily accessible at PGSymphony.org.
- Advance ticketing is required. Ticketing will cease two days prior to concerts and will not be available at the event. Patrons without a ticket, or with a ticket for the wrong time, will not be permitted entry. Check your ticket to confirm your performance time.
- Crowd control will be organized with directional, one-way signs. Audiences will be called to leave socially-distanced by row.
- Patron seating on the lawn will be general admission and filled in order of arrival, guided by staff and volunteers to the next available space.
- Parties of two to four patrons will be provided chairs within their own 6-foot grid on the lawn.
- Maximum audience capacity per performance is 250.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available.
- All performances are scheduled at Florida SouthWestern State College Charlotte Campus natural amphitheater (Outside Auditorium/Building O, 26300 Airport Rd, Punta Gorda, FL 33950).
- Performances will last approximately 1 hour with no intermission.
- Picnic items allowed. Alcohol not permitted. Please take all trash with you.
- FSW State College will provide restroom facilities.
- All musicians will be subject to temperature checks each day prior to rehearsals and performances.
- Punta Gorda Symphony reserves the right to cancel or reschedule due to concerns with the COVID-19 pandemic: in such an event, ticket purchases will remain on-account.
- In the event of rain, concerts will take place on the following day.
- All patrons agree to Assumption of Risk with the purchase of tickets to a Punta Gorda Symphony event.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is a highly contagious disease that may result in personal injury, severe illness, and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and persons with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Please visit the CDC website for its current guidance on people at increased risk for severe illness and other people who should take extra precautions. By attending a performance of Punta Gorda Symphony, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Assumption of Risk
Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to be spread mainly from person-to-person contact, Punta Gorda Symphony has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 at Punta Gorda Symphony events. However, Punta Gorda Symphony cannot guarantee that its employees, officers, directors, musicians, independent contractors, patrons, volunteers, partners, or others in attendance will not become infected with COVID-19. By attending this event, you agree to assume all risk and responsibility associated with potential exposure to COVID-19 at a Punta Gorda Symphony event.